I am talking about Twitter at the NCTM Regionals in Nashville, TN. Here are the links referred to in my talk.
Read more about the #MTBoS (MathTwitterBlogosphere).
Exploring the MathTwitterBlogosphere
First off – if you have ever thought about blogging, and really want to JUMP ALL IN, then sign up for the Explore the MTBoS blogging initiative. We will even provide you with an experienced blogger from the MTBoS to mentor you! It’s only four blog posts, and starts in January. We also would love more mentors! Please join us! 🙂
Don’t be an egg! Add a picture and personalize your profile so other teachers will know you are serious and want to follow you back! Add what subjects you teach and any interests that you may have.
Twitter Guides – Must reads for new and experienced tweeters
- Alice Keeler – “Using Tech and you are NOT on Twitter? Rethink That.”
- Michael Fenton’s “5 Things Every Teacher Should Know About Twitter”
- Alice Keeler – SO many awesome Twitter posts including a “Twittervention” where you can sign up for daily text tips and reminders about Twitter!
- John Mahlstedt’s Getting Started with the MTBoS Google Doc
- Finding great educators to follow
- Twitter Hashtags worth using / searching
- #TMC16 (Twitter Math Camp)
- Twitter Chats