The Archer School for Girls is looking for a full time math teacher. It’s a private school and BONUS, you’d get to teach with the amazing Chris Luz. This is a dream job, and they are hiring now. Here are the details.
The Archer School for Girls is an educational community that supports and challenges young women to discover their passions and realize their true potential.
- We provide a rigorous, integrated college preparatory curriculum that fosters critical thinking and intellectual curiosity.
- We create and sustain a collaborative teaching and learning environment that explores and refines the ways girls learn best.
- We help girls to become leaders and life-long learners, strengthening their capacity to contribute positively to their communities.
- We strengthen girls’ voices in a diverse and culturally rich environment.
- We embrace possibility, promote challenge-seeking and support risk-taking.
- We encourage girls to develop meaningful relationships with peers and faculty rooted in honesty, respect and responsibility.
- We graduate courageous, committed and ethical young women who take responsibility for their own physical, financial and emotional well-being.
We are seeking a full-time Upper School Mathematics teacher starting August 2016. The Upper School mathematics curriculum integrates all strands of mathematics until Pre-Calculus; however, the current opening includes two sections of Honors Integrated Math III and three sections of Integrated Math II.
The ideal candidate has a degree in Mathematics, 3-5 years of secondary school teaching experience, a strong educational background, exemplary teaching skills, a desire for ongoing professional development, and a passion for his/her desire to teach and learn from young people.
Candidates should also have demonstrated expertise in student-centered, collaborative, and inquiry-based teaching methodologies. A desire to collaborate with colleagues, the flexibility to teach at multiple grade levels, and an active interest in teaching in a one-to-one laptop classroom are essential. Experience with project-based and technology-based learning is preferred.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, teaching 5 courses, serving as an advisor, and participating in extra-curricular school activities.
No phone calls please. More information on Archer can be found at http://www.archer.org. The Archer School for Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer.