Hi! Be sure to follow me on Twitter for more updates! I am @jreulbach. 🙂
Welcome to a collaboration of posts by amazing middle school math teachers!
This week’s theme is First Day / First Week Activities. Next week, the theme will be sharing how you have your students set up their math class notebooks. This can be interactive notebooks or traditional notebooks.
- Julie Reulbach, @jreulbach – Wiki Quest
- Megan Morrison, @mathwmorrison – First Day of School
- Elizabeth – Hodges Herald
- Jackie Wolford** – First Week Activity
- Allison Golem** – MS First Week
- Heather Simmons**, @hsimmons32 – First Week Activity
- Fawn Nguyen, @fawnpnguyen – First Day Lessons
- Stephanie Nichole**, @stephanie231333 – First Day / First Week
- Sherrie, @luvbcd First Day Activities
- Sarah, @msrubinmath First Day
- Sarah Bratt, @MathBratt – First Day Activities, The Locker Problem
- Mrs. Ratzel, @ratzelster – First Week of School–anything but boring
- Eric Biederbeck, @vtdeacon – The First Day
- Sarah, @AlwildaDaughter – The First Days of School
- Angie Eakland**- First Day of School
- Cindy W – First Day
- Craig, @mrautomatic – First Week Activities
- Christie Wilson**, @cwilson03 – Beginning of School
- Courtney Steketee**, @CSteketee21 First Week Activities
- Shannon**, @NayZig, A Few of My Favorite Things
- @cheesemonkeysf, Buckle Up for Week 1
- @cheesemonkeysf, WEEK 1: ‘Words into Math’ Block Game
- Matt, @mcoaty, Educational Aspirations
- Sara Dalton, Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
- Robin Nehila, @radical_Robin, Finally -1st Four Days
- High School First Day, First Week Activities from High School Sunday Funday.
To submit a blog, click on this link.
** Brand new blogger!
Lol! I literally visited all of those blogs, meticulously! Some good stuff in there. Where’s your first day activity?
I’m the first one (the wiki quest). I did it on a separate page so this page would have only the blog titles on it, not my long post too. I’m so glad you enjoyed them. You should write one for next week! 🙂
Help! I’ve tried to send my activity in, but it’s on a new blog and I’m not sure I know what I’m doing. 🙂 First blog, first tweeting experience, but I don’t know how to tell if I’ve reached who I intended… not sure of the structure yet… My first day activity is at http://coefficientsofdeterminations.blogspot.com. Angie
I’m with Angie – not sure how to send the information. Here is a link to my post: http://findingemu.wordpress.com/2012/08/06/ms-sunday-funday-first-day/
I made by Sunday (West Coast, at least!)
I’m so glad that you both joined us this week! I have added a form on the MS Sunday Funday page above so it will be easier to submit in the future. Thank you for your patience. I am new to hosting blogs. 🙂
Hey Julie, the link for Kellie Milleson, @MsMilleson32 – Polar Bears Around the Pond doesn’t work. The correct link is http://msmilleson32.blogspot.com/2012/08/polar-bears-around-pond.html. Thanks so much for organizing this! Super helpful!
Thank you so much!
Hi Julie, I signed up last week without really thinking through how I wanted to do this. I gave you the blog address that I want my students to use. The blog that I just started (thanks to your advice and the awesome list of amazing bloggers you have exposed me to) is http://sumfineday.blogspot.com/ if you could switch the address.
Yes. I’ll fix it today. 🙂
Whoa! Both weeks = AWESOME! Thanks so much for joining us! 🙂
Pingback: OoO: Four 4′s | Reflections in the Why
Pingback: First Days Favorites | MathyCathy's Blog – Mrs. Cathy Yenca
I realize this is a really old post, but a ton of the links don’t work