Thanks to all of the Algebra 2 Teachers who submitted a blog post this month! Don’t forget about our Algebra 2 Twitter Chat, this Thursday at 9PM EST (#Alg2Chat).
- Ali Grace Eiland, @AGEiland, First Day Fun
- Jennifer White, @JennSWhite, Mathing Out Loud
- Brian, @_b_p, Contemplate and Calculate (Exponential equation)
- Beth, @algebrasfriend, Algebra 2 Curriculum Overview
- Amy McNabb, @amcnabb3, Algebra 2 Curriculum Outline
- Dee Davis, @mathplusmusic, Math Plus Music
- Cindy Cravens, @CindyCravens, Engineering Algebra
- Jennifer Abel, @abel_jennifer, #Alg2Chat Scope and Sequence, First Week Plans – Academic Classes, Goals for This Year, My Favorite Icebreaker Activity
- Nathaniel Highstein, @nhighstein, Algebra 2 Concept-Based Map(Draft)
We would love to have you blog with us! Here are the topics that we will be discussing at the #Alg2Chat’s on Twitter this month. It would be great for you to blog so you can share your blog link during the discussions.
9/8/16 – Student Engagement
9/15/16 – Rich Problems for Algebra 2
9/22/16 – Making Groups Work
9/29/16 – How You Use Technology
Fill out this form to submit your blog post.
Coming in October 2013!!!
This year, we’re going to be holding a updated version of the Math Blogger Initiation that happened last year! We were crazy surprised by how many people were interested in joining up and trying something new — blogging with other math teachers! This year, we are planning to have a slightly different program for people to join called EXPLORING THE MATHTWITTERBLOGOSPHERE.
We’re designing it to help those who are either just starting out with the mathtwitterblogosphere and for those who have dipped their toes in and want to get even more involved. Or even if you have dropped off the face of the virtual planet and want to join back in!
Each week we will post a new adventure for you to participate in involving the online math teacher community. And we are planning a virtual reward for those who participate in every event! However you don’t have to participate every week — you have to do what’s good for you. By the end, we hope you feel like you know much of what’s out there. Ultimately, the end goal is personal growth (not comments and blog readership).
Join us on this exciting adventure! Meet new friends! Get tons of new ideas!
So y’all can start school smoothly, we’re going to be starting this in October, and we’ll release more information in mid-September.
Let the fun begin!
Julie, Justin, Sam, Tina